PODCAST: How COVID-19 has changed safety
Podcasts COVID-19 editor pick Emergency Management podcast
Alan Quilley discusses pandemic's impact on OH&S profession
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the world — and the occupational health and safety profession — in many ways.
Alan D. Quilley, CRSP, is the president of Safety Results, a consultancy and training service in Sherwood Park, Alta.
He recently joined OHS Canada editor Marcel Vander Wier on the Safe Zone podcast for a conversation about how much the profession has changed as a result of the virus.
In this episode, Quilley responds to the following questions:
- What do you believe will be the most significant effect of COVID-19 on the workplace?
- What type of changes will this pandemic cause in regards to the OH&S profession?
- Is COVID-19 viewed as simply another hazard in OH&S, or is it an entirely different beast?
- Has the pandemic prompted safety professionals to re-evaluate any processes and procedures?
- Do you think there are any traditional safety measures that may not serve workplaces as well moving forward?
- Can you comment on how misinformation may affect safety culture, and how to overcome it in the workplace if necessary?
- What types of changes will the virus have on emergency management planning as the world braces against global pandemics like this in the future?