Master Lock Unveils Permit Control Station for Enhanced Group Lockout
By Master Lock
Combined Group Lockout and Permit Documentation Station Marks Latest Innovation in The Master Lock Company’s Complete Portfolio of Safety Solutions
Milwaukee (September 25, 2017) – The lack of effective lockout/tagout (LOTO) to properly control hazardous energy is a leading safety concern, ranking among the top five most frequently cited violations by OSHA – putting millions of workers at risk for serious injuries.
As part of its ongoing commitment to protecting workers, The Master Lock Company is unveiling the Master Lock® Permit Control Station at the 2017 National Safety Council (NSC) Congress & Expo. “Many preventable lockout accidents occur when a worker unknowingly triggers machinery startup and subsequently injures a co-worker who is servicing or maintaining the machine,” said Matt Dudgeon, Director of Product Marketing. “By storing and displaying all elements of lockout safety in one device, the Permit Control Station makes group lockout more effective, efficient and reduces miscommunication so no one gets hurt.”
Master Lock®Permit Control Station Features and Benefits:
• Modular Design – Combining a Permit Display Case with a Wall Mount Group Lock Box, the Permit Control Station provides a single location to display and protect essential paperwork and padlocks for group lockout. The modular design allows companies to configure the element s of the Permit Control Station to meet their specific group lockout needs. Customers can purchase the full Permit Control Station or the Permit Display Case and Wall Mount Group Lock Box separately.
• Improved Efficiency – At the point of lockout, the Permit Control Station minimizes movement of equipment and personnel throughout the facility by providing a single location to store equipment locks, secure keys and display reference documents – all where the work is being done.
• Streamlined Communication – In a centralized control room setting, the Permit Control Station can improve and streamline communication for permit-to-work jobs by allowing employees to access information pertaining to the safe work environment while operations and maintenance personnel can view lockout activity taking place at any given time.
• Visibility & Easy Identification – Both the Permit Display Case and Wall Mount Group Lock Box feature impact-resistant polycarbonate windows, allowing workers to easily view permits, procedures and padlocks. Workers can also verify that keys are secured inside the box during group lockout. Additionally, the Wall Mount Group Lock Box features 12 numbered and flanged lock holes for easy identification and application of locks.
Expanded Professional Lockout Services
In addition to innovative safety products, The Master Lock Company’s team of safety lockout experts
help facilities create safer work environments and comply with OSHA through lockout program development, written lockout procedures, compliance training, and inspections and audits.
Newly introduced Professional Lockout Services include:
• Alternative Method to Lockout – The ANSI/ASSE Z244.1 lockout standard provides expanded guidance on alternative methods to lockout when it’s not possible or practical to fully shut down machinery. Following Z244.1, The Master Lock Company offers on-site evaluation services and in-person trainings for the development of alternative procedures. OSHA recognizes alternative methods as exceptions.
• Machine Guarding – Insufficient machine guarding is a leading cause of workplace injuries. The Master Lock Company’s Machine Guarding assessment helps companies prevent accidents, improve job efficiencies and ensure compliance with the latest machine-guarding regulations. These assessments can be performed as a stand-alone service or in conjunction with other services such as lockout procedure development or as part of documenting alternative methods to lockout.
For more information, visit MasterLock.com/new-safety-products for safety products and MasterLock.com/PLOSfor Professional Lockout Services.
About The Master Lock Company:
The Master Lock Company is recognized around the world as the authentic, enduring name in padlocks and security products. The Master Lock Company offers a broad range of innovative security and safety solutions for consumer, commercial, and industrial end-users. The Master Lock Company LLC is an operating unit of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc., a leading consumer brands company. Headquartered in Deerfield, Ill., Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc. (NYSE: FBHS), is included in the S&P 500 Index. For more information about Master Lock visit www.masterlock.com.