Award-Winning Gloves from Honeywell Protect Oil Workers from Impact and Cut Hazards
By Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions
Rig Dog™ Xtreme offers advanced impact resistance and cut protection in three models designed for specific working conditions
CHARLOTTE, N.C., September 12, 2019 — Honeywell has rolled out a new line of award-winning, impact-resistant gloves — Rig Dog™ Xtreme — designed to protect workers from hand and finger injuries while working with hammers, tools and heavy machinery typical of the oil and gas industry. Winner of prestigious international design awards — including the Red Dot, iF and Best 100 — Rig Dog Xtreme gloves are available in three ruggedized models to protect workers from specific working conditions and atmospheric challenges:
- Rig Dog™ Mud Grip — featuring a tire-tread pattern palm to squeegee out thick oil and mud to provide better grip for work such as roughnecks on oil rigs
- Rig Dog™ Waterproof — featuring an integrated water-proof membrane to help keep hands dry in wet applications such as mining
- Rig Dog™ Cold Protect, which provides cold-weather protection down to -20 degrees Fahrenheit
Serious hand and finger injuries from impacts, abrasions and cuts plague heavy-industry worksites around the world. In the United States, hand injuries consistently rank #1 on the list of recordable incidents each year for industries like oil and gas, and over 3 million workplace accidents resulted in lost-time for workers in the European Union during 2015. These incidents add up to lost time and profits.
“Finger and hand injuries are common in heavy industries, but many devastating incidents can be prevented simply by wearing the proper glove,” said John Sujo, global product manager for hand protection, Honeywell Industrial Safety. “Rig Dog Extreme is built tough for hazardous applications that require high-level impact protection and cut-resistance, bright colors for visual awareness in low-light conditions, and ergonomically engineered design for extreme comfort and flexibility. The multi-layer palm surface enhances gripping power in oily applications and inner layers inhibit oil penetration, provide ANSI A6 cut protection and wick moisture so workers can do their job more confidently and wear their gloves longer for an all-day demanding shift.”
Available in a wide range of sizes, unique colors and configurations, Rig Dog Extreme is a feature-rich, premium impact protective glove that includes:
- Patented CoreNest™ technology engineered design on the knuckles, absorbs impact energy to help prevent injury from severe blows
- Impact-resistance that meets ANSI/ISEA Level 3, a more robust standard for knuckle and finger protection compared to the EN 388 pass/fail rating
- ANSI A6 / ISO Level F Cut resistant palm
- Unique palm material provides exceptional oil grip and has an interior coating to inhibit oil penetration
- High-visibility colors for better awareness in low-light conditions and solid red palm provides hand signal communication capability in high-noise areas
For more information on Rig Dog Extreme Gloves, visit our website.
Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) provides products, software and connected solutions that improve productivity, workplace safety and asset performance for our customers across the globe. We deliver on this promise through industry-leading mobile devices, software, cloud technology and automation solutions, the broadest range of personal protective equipment and gas-detection technology, and custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls. We also manufacture and sell a broad portfolio of footwear for work, play and outdoor activities, including XtraTufTM and Muck BootTM brand footwear.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry-specific solutions that include: aerospace and automotive products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings to manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.