New optrel e684 helmet allows welders to “set it and forget it” with fully automated shade level protection
Adaptive Shade Autopilot ADF technology automatically adjusts shade level to the welders’ parameters in full high definition viewing
November 11, 2014, EAST GREENWICH, RHODE ISLAND — Optrel, the global innovator of autodarkening filter technology for welding helmets, brings ADF lens and optical technology to the next level. The new optrel e684 is the only welding helmet with an ADF lens that fully automates protection through its Adaptive Shade Autopilot technology, automatically adjusting its shade level as the welder works – and in full high definition viewing. This new level of clarity and automation not only keeps welders better protected, it enables them to perform their job more efficiently, with greater accuracy and precision every time.
“The ability to clearly view one’s environment and the weld is essential to every welder,” said Renee S. Bessette, Vice President of Marketing and Operations for Optrel Inc. “The new optrel e684 helmet takes autodarketing filter technology to the next level with its Adaptive Shade Autopilot, which automatically adjust shade levels as the welder’s arc current fluctuates. Welders can set it and forget it.”
The optrel e684 incorporates three new optical technologies into its ADF:
- Adaptive Shade Autopilot – optrel’s exclusive Adaptive Shade Autopilot automatically adjusts the e684 ADF to the appropriate shade level as one welds. Its third sensor helps the e684 immediately detect changes in arc intensity and adjusts accordingly. This allows welder to stay focused on what really matters: striking the perfect arc.
- High Definition Viewing – Like viewing a high definition television, the e684’s special HD lens provides a true color view to the welder. Its Class 1 angular dependency allows welders to see the clearest, crispest view possible, enabling welders to concentrate and make their weld with more precision.
- Twilight ADF Technology – Unlike other ADF lenses that rapidly return to light, the e684’s Twilight ADF Technology restores light more naturally, presenting a smoother transition to the eyes. This exclusive technology reduces eye fatigue on welders who are continuously welding, enabling them to work safer and more comfortably.
In addition, the optrel e684’s cooling helmet design reflects light and heat, keeping welders 23% cooler as compared with other unpainted or dark colored welding helmets. The e684 is compatible with the NISOH-certified optrel e3000 powered air purifying respirator, uniting the most advanced welding and respiratory systems available.
The optrel e684 darkens from shade levels DIN 4/5-13, covering the majority of welding applications and is ideal for grinding when set to shade level DIN 4.
The optrel e684 retails for USD$500.00, and is now available through welding and personal protective equipment distributors in the United States and Canada, or through www.optrel.com/usa.
Additional Images & Collateral
- e684 – product photo
- e684 – side view photo
- e684 – welding photo
- e684 – overhead welding photo
- e684 – parking buddy photo
- e684 – brochure
About Optrel Inc.
Optrel Inc. is the global innovator of auto-darkening filter technology for welding helmets. Focused on worker safety, health, and productivity, optrel helmets and protective shields are used by welders and metalworkers worldwide who rely on smart technology to get the job done. optrel is headquartered in Wattwil, Switzerland, and maintains its North American operations in East Greenwich, Rhode Island. For more information, visit www.optrel.com/usa or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OptrelUSA.
Renee S. Bessette
Vice President of Marketing & Operations
ph +1 401 398 7240