New Howard Leight Sync Digital Radio & Electo Earmuffs Combine Hearing Protection, High-Fidelity Sound, Radio & MP3 Listening
Health & Safety
SMITHFIELD, RHODE ISLAND, USA — Honeywell Safety Products introduced the next generation of digital radio and sound amplification earmuffs to its Howard Leight® Sync™ family today. The new Sync Digital AM/FM Radio, Sync Hi-Vis AM/FM Radio, and Sync Electo® combine hearing protection, high-fidelity sound, and the ability for individuals to listen to the radio or personal listening devices safely at work and at home.
Studies show that workers who are allowed to wear hearing protectors that integrate personal listening devices and AM/FM radios are more productive and motivated on the job. With the new Sync Digital AM/FM Radios and Electo earmuffs, workers can not only be more productive, they will enjoy their listening experience even more. Workers and safety managers alike will appreciate the combination of the superior hearing protection and the new features — as well as Sync’s ease-of-use.
The new Sync models are:
- Sync Digital AM/FM Radio— delivers high-fidelity audio quality with a digital interface that automatically searches for AM and FM stations, and can store up to 10 stations in memory. Features include:
- 10 pre-set stations and volume memory for personalization for each worker.
- Lightweight slim earcup design for all-day comfort.
- Streamlined volume knob.
- LCD display.
- Sync Hi-Vis Digital AM/FM Radio — incorporates eye-catching bright green ear cups for highly noticeable contrast in dark settings to the functionality of the new Sync AM-FM Digital radio earmuff. For increased visibility and job safety, this model also features the industry’s only reflective headband that illuminates when exposed to light.
- Sync Electo®— combines the entertainment benefits of Sync Digital AM/FM Radio with advanced sound amplification technology for improved situational awareness. Directionally-placed stereo microphones amplify and enhance ambient sound up to 82 dB, providing protection from hazardous noise while allowing workers to hear important communications, including alarms, warning signals, and co-workers voices. Features include:
- Separate volume knobs to adjust radio and sound amplification.
- Available in headband and helmet models. The helmet models include a set of adapters to use with popular helmets.
The three new models incorporate other features of Howard Leight’s original Sync Stereo earmuff, introduced in March 2011, including:
- Passive protection from hazardous noise. Each model in the Sync family features a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 25 dB (Electo H helmet NRR of 24), providing appropriate attenuation in most medium-to-low noise environments.
- High-fidelity audio quality, connects to other devices. Sync’s sound quality is on par with other professional audio headphones. Its technologically advanced acoustical bass chamber enhances bass sounds that are typically sacrificed in industrial stereo earmuffs. Sync can connect to an MP3 player, mobile phone, or other personal listening devices with a 3.5mm cable.
- Cool, modern style with DJ-inspired earcups and headband. Both comfort and fit are ensured by its padded diamond-patterned headband and its reinforced fork slides that keep it in place when worn.
The new Sync Digital AM/FM Radio, Hi-Vis Digital AM/FM Radio, and Electo come with 2AA batteries and a 3.5mm cable to connect to other personal listening devices.
The new Sync models are immediately available through industrial safety distributors in the U.S. and Canada.
For more information, visit http://www.howardleight.com/ear-protection/radio-stereo/radio-ear-muffs.
About Howard Leight®
Howard Leight/Honeywell Safety Products is a leading global provider of passive and intelligent hearing protection solutions, and the founder of the HearForever™ initiative. For over 30 years, Howard Leight has pursued the prevention of occupational noise-induced hearing loss through innovation in hearing protection design, technology, performance and comfort, and the promotion of progressive Hearing Conservation Programs. Leading solutions include the highest attenuating MAX® single-use earplug; patented Air Flow Control™ technology for optimal earmuff attenuation; and the industry-changing VeriPRO® earplug fit testing system. Visit: www.howardleight.com. Follow us on Twitter (@HowardLeight) at twitter.com/HowardLeight.
Honeywell International (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements.
Print this page