A series of free HearForever® by Howard Leight seminars to help safety professionals improve their hearing conservation programs and prevent noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) in the workplace will be presented during April in North Dakota, Montana, and Alberta (Canada).
The seminars, titled “HearForever®: Best Practices in Effective Hearing Conservation,” will provide the latest information on hearing loss prevention, how to create a culture of safety, and the latest research, technologies, and solutions to help companies improve their hearing conservation programs — and their bottom line.
Noise-induced hearing loss has been described as the world’s most prevalent occupational injury. But, with the proper education, motivation, and protection, it’s also 100% preventable.
The half-day seminar is approved for continuing education credit by ABIH (American Board of Industrial Hygiene) and for 0.5 Maintenance Points by the Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists. It is designed for industrial hygienists, occupational health and safety professionals, audiologists, trainers, occupational nurses, and liability and risk management professionals.
Topics will include:
- Basics of Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL)
- Key Elements of an Effective Hearing Conservation Program
- How to Use Leading Indicators in a Hearing Conservation Program to Stop Hearing Loss
- Case Studies from Successful Hearing Conservation Programs
- Employee Motivation and Training Techniques/Resources
- Reducing Costs for Hearing Loss
The seminars will take place from 9 a.m. to Noon at the following locations:
- Billings, MT, on Monday, April 22, 2013, at the Hilton Garden Inn, 2465 Grant Rd.
- Dickinson, ND, on Tuesday, April 23, 2013, at the Ramada Grand Dakota Lodge, 532 15th Street West
- Bismarck, ND, on Wednesday, April 24, 2013, at the Ramada Bismarck Hotel, 1400 East Interchange Ave.
- Minot, ND, on Thursday, April 25, 2013, at the Grand International Hotel, 1505 North Broadway.
- Grande Prairie, AB, on April 26, 2013, at the Holiday Inn Express, 10226 117 Ave.
Attendees will receive free training materials, literature, and hearing protection samples. They will also participate in hands-on demonstrations of new hearing conservation technologies, including the VeriPRO® fit-testing system for measuring earplug fit, and the QUIETPRO®, an advanced in-ear communication system for high noise environments.
Register here for a North Dakota or Montana seminar » http://www.hearforever.org/BakkenShale2013
Register here for the Alberta seminar » http://www.hearforever.org/Alberta2013
HearForever® hearing conservation seminars have been presented to thousands of safety professionals on five continents over the past nine years as part of Honeywell Safety Product’s HearForever® initiative to raise awareness of the dangers, risks and consequences of noise-induced hearing loss. Follow the initiative on Twitter and on Facebook.