- Laser physics and how lasers work
- Types of Lasers and outputs, laser classes
- Health effects from lasers
- Administration of a laser safety programs – documentation, training, SOPs
- Legislative requirements (provincial and federal regulations) and ANSI laser standards
- Laser hazards – beam and non beam hazards
- Control methods for laser hazards including laser eyewear
- Laser hazard analysis – NHZ, OD, MPE
- Inspections and audits
- Laser accidents
- Class discussions, and exercises supplement training materials
||The Laser Safety Officer Training Course is an in depth 3 day course designed for individuals with responsibilities as a Laser Safety Officer.This unique course provides a Canadian context to meet provincial and federal requirements while examining the various ANSI standards and the updated ANSI Z136.1 (2014) Safe Use of Lasers. The course will provide a solid background for a solid administrative laser safety program and will provide examples of the different mathematical calculations that may be required in laser safety.
||Monday Nov 3-5, 2014
8:30 am to 4:30 am each day
||$999 plus HST by Sept 30, 2014 EARLY RATE$1100 plus HST after Sept 30, 2014 REGULAR RATEGROUP RATE: Two or more participants from same organization$899 plus HST by Sept 30, 2014 EARLY RATE$1000 plus HST after Sept 30, 2014 REGULAR RATE
||Course manual, and certificate provided to each participant. Meals include daily lunch, coffee and tea breaks.