October 02, 2015
33 Gerrard Street, West
The Laser Safety Officer Refresher Training Course is an in depth one day course designed for individuals with responsibilities as a Laser Safety Officer.
Refresher training is recommended every three years. This course will provide updates on the 2014 release of the ANSI Z136.1 Safe Use of Lasers. The course will review the updated laser hazard calculations. This unique course provides a Canadian context to meet provincial and federal requirements. Course tools allow participants to update and maintain excellence in laser safety program at their own facilities.
Course Location and Date
Location: Toronto, Ontario at the Chelsea Eaton Hotel (downtown)
Date: October 2, 2015
Who should participate?
This course is ideal for the experienced Laser Safety Officer requiring refresher training or updates on ANSI Z136.1 (2014). A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully complete the course.
- Review of Laser fundamentals and laser hazards
- Laser Safety Program and Controls and changes in the ANSI Z136.1 (2014)
- Risk assessments and conducting a hazard evaluation
- Examples of updated Laser Hazard Calculations (RNHOD and NHZ), updated correction factors and new MPEs
- Inspections, audits and incident investigation analysis
- Laser accidents – root cause analyses and case studies
- Full course outline can be downloaded from website: http://www.krmc.ca/courses/laser-safety-officer-refresher-training-1-day/
Class discussions, and exercises supplement training materials.
Included: Course manual, course certificate. Lunch, and coffee/tea breaks are provided
Course instructors: Liz Krivonosov and Dr. Sandu Sonoc
Visit event's website